The Environmental Protection Commission (EPC) lobby remains open during the COVID-19 emergency as of 3/20/2020.  Lobby hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Online, phone and email services are still operational. Staff is working remotely and will continue to perform application/document reviews, on-line meetings, field inspections and investigations.

 *** If you are looking for information from the EPG (Emergency Policy Group) which is different from the EPC,

Water Division FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

QA smallFrequently Asked Questions

How often are surface waters monitored?

EPC administers several water quality monitoring programs within Hillsborough County and throughout Tampa Bay comprising over 250 stations many of which date back to the 1970's.

  • Fixed Continuous Monitoring
  • Monthly River Surveys
  • Monthly Bay Monitoring
  • Quarterly Minor Tributary Monitoring

What are the surface waters of Hillsborough County?

There are three major river systems - the Hillsborough, the Alafia, and the Little Manatee, which pass through the county on their way to Tampa Bay.

In addition to these major rivers (tributaries), there are numerous smaller streams which sometimes feed water to the rivers and at other times simply flow on their own across smaller drainage basins. There are also hundreds of lakes of different sizes scattered across the county, with a particularly high proportion of these located in the eastern and northwestern parts of the county.

These river systems, streams, lakes, and their associated wetlands are important features of Hillsborough County and are valuable resources.

What can I do if my neighbor is letting his or her washing machine water run over into my yard?

Please call our Water Compliance section at (813) 627-2600 for information.

Where can I find location maps or information on the Artificial Reefs in Tampa Bay?

Please visit our Artificial Reef webpage.

Where can I get water quality data?

Please visit our Water Quality webpage. If you do not find what you are looking for there you may contact the Water Monitoring section at (813) 627-2600.

How do I report a possible environmental violation?

To report an environmental concern please call us at (813) 627-2600 or fill out our online form.

Who takes care of fish kills?

Please read our brochure on common causes of fish kills. If you have any concerns please call (813) 627-2600 and our Water Management Division will investigate. 

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer