The Storage Tank Compliance Section, under contract with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, regulates and inspects facilities with underground and above-ground tanks containing petroleum products and mineral acids. Some typical facilities are retail service stations, marinas, airports, fleet fueling sites, hospitals, farms, businesses with emergency generators, and a wide variety of other commercial and governmental operations.
Before an underground or above-ground storage tank is installed or removed, EPC staff review the plans to ensure all State rule requirements are met. Continuous inspections are performed during all phases of construction to verify the installation or removal was performed correctly.
Prior to tank installation, plans and a completed Application for the Installation or Upgrade of Pollutant Storage Tank Systems and a Storage Tank Registration Form must be submitted to EPC. Effective October 1, 2008, the Environmental Protection Commission Board granted approval to the EPC Storage Tank Section to charge a $170.00 fee for installation / upgrade plan reviews. This fee will be due at the time the installation application and plans are submitted to the department for review.
Payment can be cash, check, or money order. All non-cash payments must be made payable to Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County. Prior to tank removal, only a completed Application for Closure of Pollutant Storage Tank Systems and a Storage Tank Registration Form must be submitted to EPC.
If you have questions regarding this program, please call (813) 627-2600 and request to speak with a member of the Storage Tank Compliance Section.
- Application for the Installation or Upgrade of Pollutant Storage Tank Systems
- Aboveground Storage Tanks Rule Chp 62-762
- Certification of Financial Responsibility
- Closure Integrity Evaluation - AST
- Closure Integrity Evaluation - UST
- Discharge Report Form - AST
- Discharge Report Form - UST
- Incident Notification Form - AST
- Incident Notification Form - UST
- Instructions for Conducting AST Sampling
- Instructions for Conducting UST Sampling
- Limited Closure Report Form - AST
- Limited Closure Report Form - UST
- Petroleum Contractor's Certification Form
- Storage Tank Facility Registration Form
- Underground Storage Tanks Rule Chp 62-761